Thursday, June 12, 2014

Access Granted

I've had another outstanding discovery today.  I just witnessed a road block that has stopped so many in their tracks, leaving purpose on the side of the road.  Have you ever seen someone with so much potential,  appear to have just let it all go to waste?  There are several things that can cause you to fall away from the path of becoming greater.  Each specifically designed to play on the strengths and weaknesses of the individual.  But today God revealed mine!  He changed my life and unlocked doors to greater with one simple phase.  "With every assignment comes permission."

"What?" I said.  Then I let it sink in.  I have been in position as a General Manager of my own restaurant for over 5 months now.  This place was in need of a complete overhaul.  Everything that you can think of.  This thing was serious.  I am still fairly new to my company and management in general.  There are so many things that I do not yet know.  And on top of all of the problems it was now my job to lead this group of 90 employees to achieve success.  Boy O boy, Did I struggle.  I felt that at any moment my boss would say we may have made wrong decision.  (And shockingly that subject actually came up in a conversation) Maybe I just wasn't ready yet? But God may have seen it differently.  After that conversation, I felt my back up against the wall with nothing to loose.  I STOOD UP.  Not physically, but mentally and spiritually.  I instantly grew 5 feet taller, it seemed.  In my mind, I became as stronger than ever.  But How?  Because I was required to BE, I stopped asking permission to BE.  I know this may be a little confusing, so let me explain.

 This new pressure was the point where some would say "The rubber meets the road."  I wasn't necessarily required to change, but to stand.  To stand up and be what I had already been assigned.  The turnaround has been mind blowing.  Sometimes you have no idea of your capabilities until you start giving yourself permission to be who God calls you.  My employer called me the GM but I was waiting on my staff to give me permission to be him.  When I stopped looking for permission the expectations started to shift.  As a leader I began to expect people to follow, not coerce them to follow.  I began to delegate, set measurable goals, and follow up, not speculate and shrivel up in fear of how inadequate I felt.  I stepped into what EMPLOYER was calling me, Not the EMPLOYEES.  The one giving out assignments and benefits became most important.

God said to me "With every assignment, comes permission."  I wondered how many times in our lives, God calls us something but we wait on others to validate it?  How many times He called us healed, but we wait on the sick to give us permission?  How many times He calls us righteous but we wait on the unrighteous to give us permission?  How many times He calls us forgiven but we wait on the offended to give us permission? Could you imagine God saying "Let there be light" but the light waited on the darkness to give it permission to shine.  Parents waiting on their kids to give them permission to parent.  "With every Assignment, Comes Permission"

Romans 8:30

30 And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.

He has already given permission, So believe that you are exactly who you need to be. Exactly what He calls you. Now, begin to shine like the Son. "Let there be.....YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment