Friday, June 13, 2014

Living My Life on Purpose

Living My Life On Purpose


I have recently come to the most outstanding conclusion! It answers that age old question of “What’s the meaning of life?”  I believe the best way to answer this question is to first examine why the question, itself, even exists.  The question reveals a problem as old as time.  People have an innate tendency to live a life void of any deep and lasting purpose or meaning.  But why?  Why are we stuck in this meaningless cycle of emptiness?  How did I get here, we ask? Is this all there is to life? OH GOD, I HOPE NOT! I am well aware that many great writers and philosophers have shown us the importance of living a life with purpose.  But very few ever explain why purpose seems to be, sometimes ever fleeting.  I am loo.king forward to sharing with you, as often as possible, about “Living My Life On Purpose.”  We will discover what contributes to purpose, and also what depletes it. What drives and wha t propels.  My premise hit me like a gigantic boulder crashing to the ground.  Once upon a time, my life was filled and overflowing with Great Purpose.  It was like a gushing spring of water flowing through me.  But like most who have experienced this amazing occurrence, my gushing spring soon became only fleeting vapor, changed by the heat of difficulties and blown out of sight by despair.  Then I saw it -- as clear as day! All lifes is driven, and controlled by the pursuit of purpose, or the pursuit of comfort! There is NO middle ground; NO in between!  Though we may cycle between the two from time to time, there is no third option.  Pain will pose this question to you millions of time over the course of your life, though few ever really listen,  “What are you living for, Purpose or Comfort?” And it is YOUR  job to answer boldly, Just as even Christ had to in the Garden of Gethsemane, during persecutions, and even crucifiction. Now it’s, “What are you dying for?”  A pursuit of Purpose, not Comfort. I so look forward to exploring this with you, and offering insight into the pitfalls,tools, successes, and failures along this journey.  Oh yeah, the purpose of life is Purposeful Living!  Be Blessed -- With Purpose!


No comments:

Post a Comment